Product \ NaturalLayout
This layout manager for Swing user interfaces is extremely easy to use
and provides options that no other layout manager has.
A layout manager
manages the layout of one widget which has several widgets as children, placed
on top of it. Based on various sizing issues it will determine which child-
component will get what amount of space
- Very simple API.
- Provides layout in a grid with maximum flexibility.
- Provides a margin for the container for easy spacing refinements, so
you don't have to adjust each usage of the component you place this
layout manager on.
- Provides an intelligent widget-wide spacing. Each widget used will
have a default spacing between it and the next child, taking away the
headace of adding insets to each component.
- Based on screen size the spacing/margin scale along with it. This makes your
layout look good with huge fonts as well as tiny ones.
- Easy spacer concept to take the remaining space, no need to add a new
JPanel with a special option.
- This layout manager listens to minimum, preferred as well as maximum
size requests from child widgets, plus it tells maximum size to parent
widgets as well. This feature is unique to NaturalLayout.
- Reverse layout automatically if the current locale is Right-To-Left.
- Adding components automatically adds them after the last element,
allowing you to type less code for user-interface-initialisation.
- Print a grid over your layout to easier debugging.
NaturalLayout bases spacing desicions on a number of points, making
the creation of the user interface as simple as possible. Many simple
user interface elements can be created with nothing more then simply
adding the component to the parent container, without any arguments at all.